Environmentally conscious New Orleanians,
Step up, Bike Up, or take public transportation to the plate. Eat Local NOLA, Bike Easy, The Green Project, Ride New Orleans and Energy Wise are challenging you to go 30 days being especially conscious of your carbon footprint and taking steps to minimize it. We have a assembled a series of tasks for you to complete to test your carbon reducing skills on the card below. In addition, 5 carbon reduction “clues” will be placed on each of the challenge sponsor’s facebook pages on June 15th as bonuses for each participant to collect. The one who completes the most tasks, wins. If there a multiple winners, prizes will be shared.
$500 worth of prizes will be split between the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. Consolation prizes will be available for all who enter. Prizes include $200 in gift certificates from Hollygrove Market and Farm, $50 from Abita Fresh Online Local Food Retailer, $100 in gift certificates from the Green Project, Jazzy Passes from the RTA, Bike Lock, Power Strips, and much more.
- Contestants do not need to be registered in the Eat Local Challenge to win prizes.
- Contest officially ends at midnight on June 28th.
- If you are emailing, sharing by drop box or google drive in your photo submissions they need to be in by midnight on Tuesday, June 28th. Email submissions with the subject line “Carbon Challenge” to email@example.com and if sharing a file with drop box or google drive label it “Carbon Challenge” and share them with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Come see us at the Shop Green Project day on June 18th 9-5 and get 10% off (if registered with the ELC) and also on June 21st at Life City’s Green Drinks from 5:30 to 7:30 at the Palace Cafe.
- For more information Email Elyse Magen at email@example.com.
Artwork for Carbon Challenge card by Sarah Schacht.