Environmentally conscious New Orleanians,
Step up, Bike Up, or take public transportation to the plate. Eat Local NOLA, Bike Easy, The Green Project, Ride New Orleans and Energy Wise are challenging you to go 30 days being especially conscious of your carbon footprint and taking steps to minimize it. We have a assembled a series of tasks for you to complete to test your carbon reducing skills on the card below.
- Each task will bring with it certain points.
- Proof of completion will be done by posting a photo on either twitter or instagram.
- All posts must tag @eatlocalnola and atleast one other partner and with the hashtag #carbonchallengenola.
- In addition, each contest partner will post a carbon reduction “fun fact ” on their facebook page on June 17th. Each participant that goes to the page and post the fun fact tagging EatLocalNOLA and the partner whose page they visited + #carbonchallengenola will receive a 10 point bonus per fun fact.
- The one who completes the most tasks, and accrues the most points wins.
- If there is a tie, prizes will be shared of if there is a tie involving 4 or more a drawing will be held.
- Contestants NEED to be registered in the Eat Local Challenge to be eligible to win prizes.
- Contest officially begins on midnight on May 31st and ends at midnight on June 28th. Posts before or after will not be included.
- Come see us at the Re-Shop Green Project day on June 17th 9-5 and get 15% off (with the ELC ID Card)
- For more information Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are having trouble finding the EPA’s carbon calculator the url is https://www3.epa.gov/carbon-footprint-calculator/
$300 worth of prizes will be split between the 1st and 2nd finishers. Consolation prizes will be available for all who enter. Prizes include gift certificates to Hollygrove Market and Farm, to the Green Project, Jazzy Passes from the RTA, Bike Lock, low flow shower heads and more. Good Luck and Go Forward Without a Trace!
Artwork for Carbon Challenge card by Sarah Schacht.