Eat Local Challenge 2015 Events
M T W T F S S 1 2Events on May 2, 2015
- Tabling at the downtown CCFMStarts: 8:00 amEnds: May 2, 2015 - 12:00 pmLocation: Crescent City Farmers Market, 700 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA 70130, United StatesDescription: Come sign up in person at our table at the market for the 2015 Eat Local Challenge! We will be on site with the farmers and fresh produce registering participants and answering all questions about this year's event.
3 4 5 6 7 8 9Events on May 9, 2015
- NOLA Veggie FestStarts: 11:00 amEnds: May 9, 2015 - 6:00 pmLocation: New Orleans Healing Center, 2372 Saint Claude Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117, United StatesDescription: Come by our table at this great event! Cooking demos, speakers, product samples, silent auctions, recipe booths, cruelty free fashion, kids area and more. Sponosred by the Humane Society of Louisiana.
10Events on May 10, 2015
- NOLA Veggie FestStarts: 11:00 amEnds: May 10, 2015 - 6:00 pmLocation: New Orleans Healing Center, 2372 Saint Claude Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117, United StatesDescription: Come by our table at this great event! Cooking demos, speakers, product samples, silent auctions, recipe booths, cruelty free fashion, kids area and more. Sponosred by the Humane Society of Louisiana.
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30Events on May 30, 2015
- Bike Easy Repair Workshop & Lafitte Corridor RideStarts: 11:00 amEnds: May 30, 2015 - 1:30 pmLocation: Mid City Market 401 N. CarrolltonDescription: BICYCLE REPAIR WORKSHOP & LAFITTE STREET RIDE -
We're teaming up with Friends of the Lafitte Corridor for this Workshop and Ride!
In March, Mid-City Market installed a new bicycle repair station along the Lafitte Greenway, open to the public. On April 18th, we’re teaming up with Friends of the Lafitte Corridor to hold a Bicycle Repair Workshop & Lafitte Street Group Ride to wrap up NOLA Bike to Work Week!
This hour and a half workshop will be held outside on the patio at Mid-City Market. We will cover the basics of bike maintenance, and participants will leave with an expanded knowledge of how to diagnose problems on their bikes. Our focus will be on the most common problems encountered by bike commuters and easy ways to fix them.
Open to all experience levels, we will work in groups to practice hands-on maintenance. We’ll also have a short discussion of commuting basics, and will be happy to answer questions about bike fit, equipment, and rules of the road.
After the workshop, Friends of Lafitte Corridor will lead a group bike ride on Lafitte Street from Mid-City down to the French Quarter and back. Riding right alongside the Lafitte Greenway (still under construction) we’ll make pit-stops to check out the construction progress. Bring your bike and join us!
Questions? Contact anneka (at) bikeeasy.org
Sat, May 30, 2015
11:00 am – 1:30 pm
Mid-City Market – new repair station!
401 N. Carrollton
- Kick Off Party Eat Local Challenge 2015Starts: 6:00 pmEnds: May 30, 2015 - 8:30 pmLocation: TBD
31Events on May 31, 2015
- Eat Local Challenge Northshore Farm TourStarts: 10:00 amEnds: May 31, 2015 - 4:00 pmLocation: Covey Rise Lodge, Singing Waterfall Road, Husser, LA 70442, United StatesDescription: Come see where your food come from! Eat Local CHallenge will provide transportation for a day trip across the lake to some of New Orleans' most productive farms.
- Reyn Studios 30 Day Fitness Challenge Kickoff PartyStarts: 5:00 pmEnds: May 31, 2015 - 7:00 pm